Wednesday, March 30, 2005

GOT MY DATES AT LAST

HI, SORRY I HAVE NOT POSTED FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS, MY KIDS & LISA (THE BETTER HALF) HAVE HAD THE FLU BADLY, I THINK THEY ARE GETTING OVER IT NOW. STRANGELY I DID NOT GET IT, THE FLU VIRUS PROBABLY GOT INTO ME FOUND THE HEP C AND DONE A SHARP EXIT, CANT SAY I BLAME IT I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE INSIDE ME EITHER. GOT A PHONE CALL OFF THE HOSPITAL TODAY I GO IN ON THE 5th HAVE THE BIOPSY ON THE 6th AND THEY WANT ME TO STAY IN 3 DAYS AFTER THE BIOPSY.
ON ANOTHER NOTE I HAVE BEEN READING JONATHAN'S BLOG THE LAST FEW DAYS, I CAN ONLY SAY THAT I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU JONATHAN, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, BUT YOU SOUND AS THOUGH YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND WANT A CHAT, E-MAIL ME OR GIVE ME A RING.
NOBODY IS JUDGING YOU WE ARE ALL SUPPORTING YOU.

4 comments:

Jonathan Colam said...

Hi Steve,

I am starting to turn things round, had a really good accupuncture session this evening that has settled me down a bit. It was also good to be back at work today and having to think about things other than interferon.

Good to hear that the hospital dates have been confirmed, looks like a long stretch for a biopsy. I bet they let you out before the weekend though.

Jonathan

Wendy Kay said...

Hi Steve,
You made me laugh about the flu virus doing a sharp exit from your body. Having a definite date helps focus your mind doesnt it? Hope you are keeping well, you sound really positive.
I'll watch your blog for further developments.
Wendy

Paul said...

Hi Steve,
Sorry you had to close down your site. I was busy working my way through it. You`ve got some powerful stuff and handled right it is devastating.
I used to be in journalism and I have seen this story pop up from time to time, but it always gets dropped.
One journalist I read cited this case as one reason why we shouldn`t go to war with Iraq alongside America - because the Americans were hardly our friends if they were sending us contaminated blood products.

The rabbit hole goes very, very deep,

Paul.

Jonathan Colam said...

Hi Steve,

Assuming that my nurse allows me to have replacement interferon I will have to visit the N&N some time next week. If you let me know which ward you are on I will bring you a cake.

Good luck for next week.
Jonathan