Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Genotype 1 2 or 3 or all?

Hi, I had an ok weekend I felt a bit bad but worked through it. I have got injection number 2 tonight deep joy.

I went to hospital for some blood tests today, while I was there my nurse got my pre treatment blood results up on her pc. Picture this scene ( you just cant make this shit up ) she cliked on my blood results and it showed I was Genotype 2b, I have been told since I was diagnosed that I was Genotype 1 and my last blood test was in 2001. My nurse told me that the blood test results back then were very unreliable so I could be Genotype 2 and not 1. BUT! Yes there is always a but, because I had so much factor 8 back then I could have multiple infection. I handed over some more of the red stuff so they can do another Genotype test. FINGERS CROSSED. I phoned Martin B and asked his advice and he was very positive and said test are rarely wrong these days so I could be Genotype 2 and as we all know I may stand more chance of clearing the virus in a shorter time. Here's hoping ;-)

2 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Good to read you're getting on ok Steve. Good luck with the result to your recent Genotype test.

Take care

Jae

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers..