Thursday, June 28, 2007

GENOTYPE BLOOD RESULTS

As some of you may be aware I am in my third week of treatment, when I got my pre treatment blood results it showed that I was genotype 2b when I have always been told that I was Genotype 1a. I was last tested in 2001 and that showed that I was Genotype 1a but my nurse told me that back then the tests were unreliable, anyway she done another genotype test last week and she phoned me with the results today, I AM GENOTYPE 2B, when she told me I nearly bloody cried I am so happy, I cant really explain how I feel all you heppers will have a good idea though. My treatment has been cut to 24 weeks . I had a tub of 48 marbles and one tub with 3 marbles in, I put one in the other after each jab someone else done this a while ago just to help her get through it, anyway I took 24 marbles out today god that felt good. I am so happy I just want to tell everybody. Just one thing, how many people are doing 48 weeks when they don't need to? Makes you wonder don't it? God bless the NHS. I put off treatment for 5 years because I didn't think I could do 48 weeks. I could have been clear by now! Why cant they get it right? Why wasn't I tested for 6 years if they knew the blood tests were not reliable? Just a few questions for my consultant when I next see him. I am so happy and I wish everyone was as fortunate as me, I wish us all rid of this virus. Steve

4 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Very good news Steve. But it does make you wonder just how many mistakes thay have made in the past with thousands of others.
Not only could it mean a patient doing 48wks when they should be doing 24...it could also mean that a patient in need of 48wks only gets 24 because of a faulty blood test!

It's never bloody ending!

Thank goodness you found out now:)

Take care dude,

Jae

Rosi said...

Hey there Steve.

I am soooo pleased that you could bin those 24 marbles just like that, I can't imagine how good that felt!!

I never knew that there was any doubt over the genotype testing but they never tell you these things unless they absolutely have to. I had genotype 2 (or did I...) and knocked it on the head with 6 months peg interferon and riba.

Wishing you all the very best for the next 5 and a bit? months - you can do it.

Take care and keep in touch,
Ros

alan said...

Thanks a lot for this awesome post. I like this kind of blogging. keep posting variety of articles. I would like to visit your blog regularly.


Smith ALan
http://www.raymeds.com/purchase/kamagra.aspx

MATINA said...


I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers..